Quorn Fillets Cacciatore
Try our delicious recipe for a healthy Quorn Fillets Cacciatore, with Quorn Fillets, mushrooms and red peppers in a tasty tomato sauce. This recipe is low in saturated fat and high in protein and is sure to be a show-stopper!
11 g of fat
- 6 Quorn Fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 150g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 500g tomato passata
- 1 vegetable stock cube dissolved in 100ml hot water
- 3-4 sprigs of rosemary, chopped
- 125g roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- 50g black olives, halved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre -heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan over a medium to high heat and fry the onion gently for 4-5 minutes until beginning to soften, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for a further 2 minutes
- Stir in the red wine, tomato passata, vegetable stock and rosemary. Bring to a boil, cover and cook over a medium heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring often
- Preheat the remaining oil in a frying pan and cook the Quorn Fillets for 7-8 minutes then add them to the Cacciatore. Stir in the red peppers and olives. Cook for a further 2 minutes
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as required
- Serve with pasta and freshly steamed green vegetables
This recipe is best served with wholemeal pasta and freshly steamed veggies. Steaming vegetables helps to retain the nutrients in the veggies as you don't lose them in the boiling water.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Absolutely amazing! Tried it out on meat eaters and they didnt even think twice - very tasty
Thoroughly enjoyed this. I served it with pasta but it would be lovely with some cabbage and green veggies!
Served with a crisp green salad, it was very tasty! Added a sprinkle of Grana Padano to finish... Yum!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review