Courgette & Quorn Mince Lasagne Recipe
For a tempting taste of Italy, try our delicious gluten free lasagne recipe with Quorn Mince. Fresh celery, onion and garlic, fried up to perfection in a heavenly pesto and passata sauce, mixed with Quorn Mince and layered with tasty chargrilled courgette ribbons and ricotta. This gluten free recipe is garnished with cherry tomatoes and baked in the oven, it’s a thing of beauty.
A Little Effort
15 g of fat
- 300g Quorn Mince
- 2 large courgettes, thinly sliced, lengthways
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 sticks of celery, finely diced
- 3 tbsp red pesto
- 1 vegetable stock cube dissolved in 100ml hot water
- 400g tomato passata
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Ingredients for the Topping
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 60ml low fat crème fraiche
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved - optional
- 30g vegetarian hard cheese, grated
- Pre -heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and fry the onion gently for 4-5 minutes until beginning to soften, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and celery and cook for a further 2 minutes
- Stir in the red pesto, vegetable stock and tomato passata. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes then stir in the Quorn Mince. Cover and cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir in the basil and oregano and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a griddle pan over a high heat and chargrill the courgette slices for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Combine the ricotta, crème fraiche, nutmeg, salt, pepper and half of the hard cheese in a bowl
- In an ovenproof dish arrange a layer of chargrilled courgette slices, cover with the Quorn Mince mix then place a second layer of courgette slices over this. Spoon the ricotta topping over and garnish with the cherry tomatoes, black pepper and the remaining cheese
- Bake in an oven preheated to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 for 20 minutes
Did you know? Quorn Mince is low in saturated fat and high in protein, so it's a great addition as part of a healthy, balanced diet.
This is a great recipe to get in all those veggies that you may have in the kitchen. This dish also freezes well so how about saving your leftovers for another day!
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
This is delicious! Even my meat eating son loved it and came for seconds!
This is delicious. I made it with lasagne sheets instead of courgette strips and it’s tasty and filling either way.
Absolutely delicious! Will definitely be making this again! Thank you!
Tasty and not too difficult.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review