Creamy Fennel, Mushroom and Camembert Pot Pie with Quorn Fillets
This indulgent vegetarian pot pie combines creamy camembert with fennel and chestnut mushrooms for a delicious, seasonal dish - perfect for chilly days and cosy weekend dinners! Serve with a simple winter salad.
34.5 g of fat
- 1 pack (312g) Quorn Fillets, defrosted and roughly chopped into cubes
- 40ml vegetable oil
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped (150g)
- 1 carrot, chopped (105g)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper, divided
- (40g) plain flour
- 180ml milk, plus more for brushing over pastry
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 100g vegetarian camembert, chopped into cubes
- 11/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley (5g)
- 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry (170g)
- Preheat your oven to 220 C / Fan 200 C / Gas 7. Heat the oil in large wide frying pan over a medium-high heat. Once hot, cook the mushrooms, with a ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper for 5-8 minutes, stirring often, until they start to brown. Stir in the shallots, fennel, carrot and thyme. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Sprinkle the flour over top then stir into the vegetables and cook for 2 minutes to take the raw edge off it. Slowly whisk in the milk and stock until smooth. While stirring constantly, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium, then cook, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Reduce heat to low and stir in the camembert, mustard and remaining salt and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is smooth and melted. Remove from the heat and cool completely, then stir in the Quorn Fillets and parsley.
- Trim the pastry as needed to fit over a medium sized baking dish with a bit of overhang. Transfer the Quorn and mushroom filling to the baking dish. Top with pastry, tucking in the edges in a decorative pattern as desired. Make a little cut in the centre of the pie to let out the steam, then brush the pastry lightly with milk.
- Place the baking dish on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
Garnish with thyme sprigs or chopped parsley.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
My family loved this pie. Going to make it for Christmas day.
This is really tasty, and very simple if you just replace the sauce with a packet of either ready made or dried mushroom sauce, easy !
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review