Vegetarian Japanese Katsu Curry with Quorn Pieces
Heavenly flavours from the East, with fresh carrots, onions and garlic, coconut milk, herbs and spices, combined with tasty Quorn Pieces. Served with a garnish of lime zest, lime juice and coriander, with sticky rice and Japanese pickles for perfect harmony on a plate. An exquisite meal idea.
A Little Effort
12.4 g of fat
- 300g Quorn Pieces
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 5 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1½ tbsp medium curry powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 200mls vegetable stock
- 400mls coconut milk
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp of zest & juice of lime
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan, add the onion, garlic, ginger and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in the carrots and sweat slowly for 15 minutes with the lid on, stirring occasionally, until softened and starting to caramelise.
- Stir in the curry powder and garam masala and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the soy sauce, vegetable stock, coconut milk, honey and bay leaf. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and blend the sauce until you achieve a smooth consistency, then return to a low heat.
- Pre-heat 1 tbsp of oil over a medium heat and cook the Quorn Pieces for 8 minutes.
- Add the cooked Quorn Pieces to the sauce along with the lime zest, juice and coriander, then season to taste with salt & freshly ground black pepper. Serve with sticky Thai rice and Japanese pickles and salad.
This tasty dish is a family favourite and a great one to easily sneak the veggies in! Feel free to switch to reduced-fat coconut milk and instead of coconut oil, you could also use an alternative such as vegetable oil.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Great curry. Totally moorish.
Really easy to make and was delicious! Will definitely make again.
Really nice and easy to make, defo am going to make again.
We thought we’d try this recipe and we’ve absolutely fallen in love with it! The sauce and Quorn together are perfect! We’re now thinking of bulking it out a little with some vegetables but apart from that, it was a perfect and easy-to-follow recipe!
Easy to make and totally delicious
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review