Quorn Mezze Picnic Lunch
Homemade pitta chips, dip and crudités packed alongside some special Quorn snacks make a great combo for lunchtime or a picnic feast! Leftover dips are a healthy after-school snack, too.
A Little Effort
- 8 Quorn Cocktail Sausages
- 5 Quorn Mini Savoury Eggs, halved
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 pitta breads
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into batons
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and cut into batons
- 1/2 pepper, cut into strips
- For the houmous
- 400g chickpeas, drained
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- For the soured cream dip
- 200 ml half-fat soured cream
- 10g chives, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / 350ºF / Gas Mark 4. Toss the Quorn Meat Free Mini Cocktail Sausages with the ketchup, honey and mustard then put onto a baking tray. Sprinkle with sesame seeds then and cook for 12-15 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the pitta bread into 2 cm slices and separate the top from the bottom. Pop onto a baking tray and cook for 8 minutes, until lightly golden and crisp.
- To make the houmous, put the chickpeas into a blender and mix until mashed. Add the lemon juice, olive oil and 1tbsp water. Season and blend again until smooth. To make the soured cream dip, combine the soured cream with the chopped chives.
- To pack, divide the Quorn Meat Free Mini Savoury Eggs, Quorn Meat Free Mini Cocktail Sausages, houmous and soured cream dip between little pots. Add the vegetable crudités and pitta chips and put everything into lunch boxes.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review