- 300g Quorn Pieces
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 ½ tsp dried sage
- 200g mixed mushrooms, cleaned and diced
- 1 vegetable stock cube, dissolved in 50ml hot water
- 100g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 60g cranberries
- 80g preprepared ambient packed chestnuts, diced
- Season with cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C/380°F/Gas mark 5. Line a 2lb loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and cook the onions for 4 minutes. Add the Quorn Pieces, garlic and sage then continue to cook for a further 3 minutes, then add the mushrooms and stock and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Place half of the mixture into a blender and pulse for 1 minute. Add back into the pan along with the breadcrumbs, egg, cranberries and chestnuts and mix well. Season to taste.
- Place the mixture into the lined loaf tin pressing firmly down. Cover with a greaseproof paper and bake for 30 minutes, remove the top layer of paper and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with freshly steamed vegetables.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Made this for Christmas day and it was loved by all, very meaty flavour. Non veggies would like this. I think its good for just a Sunday roast too
I am the only vegetarian at my Christmas dinner table so I made this for myself. I was extremely .... extremely happy with the way it turned out. When I first saw the recipe a week ago, I was eager to make it as I regularly use Quorn products in my food and love the meaty texture.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review