Quorn Vegan Pieces in a Creamy Mediterranean Sauce
Whether it's half a pepper or a courgette, recreate this Quorn Vegan Pieces in a creamy mediterranean sauce recipe as inspiration for your vegetarian meals whilst minimising food waste.
- 250 grams Quorn Vegan Pieces (frozen)
- 1/2 red pepper chopped into small strips
- 1/2 green pepper chopped into small strips
- 1/2 courgette chopped into small strips
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 clove of garlic mashed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 125 ml vegan single cream
- 125 ml vegan vegetable stock
- 6 tsp vegan green pesto
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful fresh basil to garnish (optional)
- Add the oil to a pot and gently heat.
- Once heated, add the onions, crushed garlic, chilli flakes, and Italian seasoning, and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Next, add the frozen Quorn Vegan Pieces and the red and green pepper strips and cook for around 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now add the courgette strips and quartered cherry tomatoes, and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetable stock, pesto and cream to the pot and stir well. Allow to cook on a medium heat for a further 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
Recipe by Moral Fibres
Zero Waste Tip: freeze and save your vegetable scraps for up to 6 months to make homemade vegetable stock from!