Quorn Vegan Pieces in a Creamy Mediterranean Sauce
Whether it's half a pepper or a courgette, recreate this Quorn Vegan Pieces in a creamy mediterranean sauce recipe as inspiration for your vegetarian meals whilst minimising food waste.
- 250 grams Quorn Vegan Pieces (frozen)
- 1/2 red pepper chopped into small strips
- 1/2 green pepper chopped into small strips
- 1/2 courgette chopped into small strips
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 clove of garlic mashed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 125 ml vegan single cream
- 125 ml vegan vegetable stock
- 6 tsp vegan green pesto
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful fresh basil to garnish (optional)
- Add the oil to a pot and gently heat.
- Once heated, add the onions, crushed garlic, chilli flakes, and Italian seasoning, and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Next, add the frozen Quorn Vegan Pieces and the red and green pepper strips and cook for around 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now add the courgette strips and quartered cherry tomatoes, and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetable stock, pesto and cream to the pot and stir well. Allow to cook on a medium heat for a further 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
Recipe by Moral Fibres
Zero Waste Tip: freeze and save your vegetable scraps for up to 6 months to make homemade vegetable stock from!
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
“Mum, can we have this again?” Lovely tasting meal which the whole family enjoyed.
Truly lovely recipe absolutely delicious but I will double the stock if I make this again as not enough sauce
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review