Quorn Vegetarian Mexican Lasagne
Lasagne but not how you know it! This mouth-watering vegetarian dish uses fresh pasta sheets layered with Quorn vegetarian Mince and jalapeño cheese sauce. Our delicious veggie lasagne is topped with crunchy tortilla chips and fresh salsa for a Mexican twist on your next meat-free feast. Try our vegetarian Mexican lasagne and discover your next dinner time favourite.
A Little Effort
41 g of fat
- 1 500g pack Quorn Mince
- 12 fresh lasagne sheets
- 8 dried Guajillo chillies, rehydrated
- 1 ½ tsp Mexican oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 2 red peppers
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 white onion
- 60g Masa Harina
- 10g cocoa
- For the jalapeño cheese sauce:
- 125g of butter
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 50g plain flour
- 500ml soy milk
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 30g nutritional yeast
- 300g shredded cheese
- 100g pickled jalapeños, diced
- 80ml jalapeño pickle juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Plain tortilla Chips
- 100g cheese, to top
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/180C fan.
- Place tomatoes, peppers, onion, and garlic on a baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil and bake for 40 minutes
- Transfer to a blender along with chillies, spices, cocoa, masa harina and blend until smooth.
- Place in a saucepan over a medium heat and add Quorn Mince. Gently simmer for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, and leave to cool
- To make the jalapeño cheese sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat before adding the garlic and ground cumin and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring, for a few minutes before slowly adding soy milk and whisk constantly until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Take an ovenproof dish and add a layer of red sauce. Add a layer of lasagne sheets, add a layer of white sauce and then another layer of pasta. Repeat finishing with a layer of white sauce
- Cover in foil and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 40 minutes
- Remove foil and crumble tortilla chips and return to oven for 10 more minutes. Serve hot from the dish and enjoy!
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review