Quorn Vegan Kale Caesar Salad
A meat-free take on the classic salad! Try our Vegan Kale Caesar Salad for a delicious start to a meal or a lighter dinner on its own. Made with Quorn Vegan Fillets, our vegan Caesar salad recipe is a healthier way to enjoy this flavourful dish. Mix and serve our Vegan Kale Caesar Salad tableside for mid-century stateside flair, or enjoy it al fresco on a warm evening for a simple and tasty summer meal!
12.7 g of fat
- 4 Vegan Quorn Fillets
- 1 Cos lettuce, roughly chopped
- Small bunch of kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- ½ a small loaf of crusty bread, torn into chunks
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained, rinsed and thoroughly dried
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Olive oil
- For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200˚c / 180 ˚c fan/gas mark 6.
- Mix the chickpeas in a bowl with a tablespoon of olive oil and some salt and pepper. Pour into a parchment-lined baking tray in a single layer, and bake for about 45 minutes until crisp, giving them a shake every now and then.
- Add the torn bread to a separate baking tray, and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, turning every 10 minutes or so, until golden and crisp.
- Place the Quorn Vegan Fillets in a bowl, and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, smoked paprika, dried oregano and season with salt and pepper. Massage into the fillets well to coat.
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat, and add the fillets. Cook until charred on both sides and hot through in the middle. Remove from the heat and slice into strips.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a jar, and pour half over the kale leaves. Use your hands to massage the dressing in for a few minutes.
- Add the Cos lettuce, croutons, and chickpeas, and the rest of the dressing, mixing thoroughly.
- Serve onto plates, and top with the sliced fillets.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
This was so quick and delicious - also good without the chickpeas for a lighter salad. The mix for the quorn is particularly tasty.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review