Vegetarian Lentil Hotpot
Turn the veggies you have at home into a delicious weeknight meal with our lentil hotpot recipe. With Quorn Meat Free Pieces, lentils, and an array of colourful vegetables, it's a hearty and comforting meat-free dinner the whole family will love.
A Little Effort
- 300g frozen Quorn Meat Free Pieces (vegetarian or vegan)
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 600g mixed vegetables
- 200g leftover cooked lentils
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 500ml single cream or dairy-free cream
- Around 600g potatoes
- Olive oil to brush the potatoes
- Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6
- Cut vegetables into 1.5 cm [0.6 inches] chunks.
- Heat some olive oil in a large hob to oven casserole dish. Gently fry finely chopped onion and garlic until soft. Add diced vegetables and fry gently altogether for 3-5 mins.
- Add dried herbs, mustard powder, vegetable stock powder, lentils and frozen Quorn pieces. Mix well together. Add cream and mix again. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Cut potatoes into thin slices. Arrange the potato slices over the top of the vegetables. Brush the potato layer with some olive oil and season with salt.
- Cook for 45-50 minutes, or until the potatoes have a nice golden-brown glow.
Zero Waste Tip: use homemade veggie stock from leftover vegetable scraps!