Senior Process Technologist
Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products in the UK and internationally with annual sales turnover in excess of £200 million across 17 territories.
Following acquisition in 2015 by Monde Nissin Corporation, we have ambitious plans to become a $1bn dollar company, with growth of more than 15% annually we hope to meet this target by 2027.
We are investing £150 million in additional capacity over the next 5 years, including the continued expansion of our Billingham site to keep up with growing demand for our delicious meat-free products! Our Fermenter towers are a long-standing feature of the Teesside sky-line and significant investment is planned to build further fermentation capacity, starting imminently
The main responsibilities of the role is to provide technical expertise in order to optimise plant performance through resolution of problems and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Managing factory trials on site working closely with the Production, Engineers and Technical departments
- Record, collate & provide recipe details for samples, whilst maintaining the trials database
- Assisting in the preparation, issue & document control of product specifications
- Generating process improvement proposals through collection, investigation, analysis & interpretation of operational data
- Optimisation of rate of manufacture, capacity, line utilisation, downtime, yield, recipe, manpower & waste in order to reduce costs
- Driving initiatives for improving product quality
- Developing business relationships both internally across sites and with external customers including retailer brands
- Experience in NPD or Process within a FMCG environment
- HND/HNC in Food Science or Technology
- Knowledge of high speed frying
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Principles of HACCP
- Strong communication skills
- IT skills – Word, Excel & data analysis
- A drive to succeed.
- A passion for our products – you don’t have to be a vegetarian to work for Quorn!
Interested applicants should forward their CV & Covering Letter to email@example.com< Back to Working Here