Head of Sensory and Consumer Science
Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products in the UK and internationally with annual sales turnover in excess of £200 million across 17 territories.
Following acquisition in 2015 by Monde Nissin Corporation, we have ambitious plans to become a $1bn dollar company, with growth of more than 15% annually we hope to meet this target by 2027.
We are investing £150 million in additional capacity over the next 5 years, including a new dedicated innovation centre at our Head Office in Stokesley, North Yorkshire to enable us to develop products which are better for the consumer and the planet.
The post-holder will define the vision and provide the technical expertise necessary to develop and manage the sensory and consumer activities of the business delivering technical recommendations to influence decisions.
- Define the vision, strategy and programme to build sensory competencies in line with the strategic priorities of the business
- Provide expertise, direction and management of the Sensory and Consumer Science aspects of business projects and maintain proficiency in the field in general
- Coach and develop the team in sensory and consumer methodologies
- Build a holistic understanding of the market category and drive knowledge of sensory and consumer preferences and delights
- Identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Transform results into insights giving actionable data and appropriate recommendations to add value to projects
- Partner with stakeholders and cross functional partners including development, quality, packaging and process to ensure appropriate sensory insight
A strong sensory/consumer science background is essential to be able to design, implement studies, and analyse data to build a holistic understanding and provide insights for strategic decisions.
- Higher degree/PHD with at least 10 years experience in Sensory Science, Consumer Science, or a related discipline
- Proven experience of leading, designing and executing multiple sensory studies simultaneously providing insights for strategic decisions within a major FMCG company
- Passion for consumer led innovation translating this into insights for business benefit
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with great influencing skills and an ability to build successful working relationships with colleagues
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to be self-managing, a self-starter and strategic. Willing to contribute and have flexibility in terms of approach. Experience of managing a Sensory team
- Passion and enthusiasm to get things done and to go the extra mile
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of Excel spreadsheets and statistical packages as used for sensory testing
- Practical experience of qualitative and quantitative sensory techniques involving both trained panels and consumers with proven ability to deliver accurate understand of Sensory/Consumer experience
- Experience in sensory and consumer methods for new products
- Ability to run Fizz or Compusense software
We are offering a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, pension scheme and life insurance Options, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Assistance Program, and Staff Shop.
Please visit our website: www.quorn.com for more information about our company and brand.
Interested applicants should forward their CV & Covering Letter to email@example.com< Back to Working Here