Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products in the UK and internationally with annual sales turnover in excess of £200 million across 17 territories.
Following acquisition in 2015 by Monde Nissin Corporation, we have ambitious plans to become a $1bn dollar company, with growth of more than 15% annually we hope to meet this target by 2027.
We are investing £150 million in additional capacity over the next 5 years. Our Fermenter towers are a long-standing feature of the Teesside sky-line and significant investment is planned to build further fermentation capacity, starting imminently.
We currently have a vacancy for a Mechanical Technician to join our Engineering team based at Belasis. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the main purpose of the role is to support Belasis plants, assets and infrastructure. The job holder will be expected to undertake an amount of trouble-shooting, fault finding and repairs to mechanical equipment on site.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Perform statutory inspections and tests on site mechanical systems in accordance with appropriate procedures and guidelines. Perform remedial works as required.
- Diagnose and repair problems, primarily with electrical systems and also basic instrumentation systems.
- Maintain accurate service and maintenance records.
- Perform the installation and commissioning of minor Mechanical projects and modifications.
- Manage and organise own work with regard to priorities, safe working systems and equipment/spares.
- With manager, establish clear objectives and priorities to enable engineering to meet operational targets.
- Maintain and develop close links to the Manufacturing teams
- Carry out site mechanical maintenance activities and ensure appropriate standards are reached.
- Continually refine planned maintenance routines by recommending and implementing changes identified whilst operating PPMs.
- Raise work requests for follow up where appropriate, specifying and ordering parts required.
- Ensure that plant and equipment perform to manufacture product efficiently to high quality standards by preventing unplanned downtime whenever possible
You don’t have the be vegetarian to work for us!
Please visit our website: www.quorn.com for more information about our company and brand. Interested applicants should email their CV and covering letter to HR@quornfoods.com< Back to Working Here