National Account Manager- USA
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products in the UK and internationally with annual sales turnover in excess of £200 million across 17 territories.
At Quorn we are market leaders in the meat free category. We expect to double in size in the next 5 years through investment in our products and our people both in the UK and internationally. Following acquisition in 2015 by Monde Nissin Corporation, we have ambitious plans to become a $1bn dollar Company.
There is a huge global trend towards meat reduction and this is happening for many reasons. Most people choose to reduce meat intake for health reasons, but a growing number of people now understand the impact that your food choices can have on the planet.
We are looking for people to join us who are entrepreneurial, proactive and can work at a fast pace. In return you will get the opportunity to work for a business who is making a real difference to people’s lives and the future of the planet. You will also get to reap the benefits of a business that is expanding fast and offering numerous career development paths to all its people.
The purpose of the role is to develop and accelerate QSR/FSR accounts within the assigned territory. The post-holder will lead business development in the hospitality segment with assigned accounts and work with third party manufacturers for NPD as needed.
The post-holder will be responsible for developing and managing new business development within the Foodservice channel focused on assigned national and regional chains. They must be able to cultivate customer centric relationships across all levels to grow Quorn’s Food Service products within key business segments and assigned accounts.
This role requires having strong existing customer relationships and the ability to provide customer menu solutions, business plans, manage and negotiate contracts and customer forecasts. Key liaison to lead and drive Foodservice business needs across key functional business areas to include: Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Legal and Finance.
In addition, this position will lead strategic sales growth initiatives, new product launches and strategic business segment or customer development.
This is not an exhaustive list of tasks and is not intended to be over prescriptive — different people will have different approaches to their job and the emphasis should be on achieving the outcomes in the best way possible.
- Coordinate all distribution needs to support strategic account activity
- Develop and secure placement within assigned accounts
- Maintain sales funnel identifying opportunity and risk
- Lead and manage customer trade shows as required
- Develop business plans for assigned accounts and provide monthly sales updates on all activities
- Work with US and UK finance teams to negotiate and align on customer pricing strategies
- Maintain a high-level awareness of competitive landscape, market trends and account activity to contribute to current and future
- Manage all pricing contracts to include deduction management and budget requirements
- Manage all customer service related issues with cross functional teams to include: new customer setup, inventory management, case fill, backorders and any other related customer support activities
- 8-10 years of experience in Food Service sales industry
- Extensive internal/external Food Service industry knowledge to include: Distributor Management, Broker Management and experience in selling within Non-Commercial and Commercial segments
- Strong industry relationships specifically in non-commercial and commercial segments
- Excellent computer and analytical skills to include: Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, window applications and database management
- Entrepreneurial, but skilled business decision-making and problem solving
- Business strengths in sales management, strategic planning and broker management
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness and capability to be a self-starter and ability to operate in a relatively flat organization
- Strong interpersonal skills in relationship, negotiating and communication at all levels of an organization
- Travel 40-50%
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- A passion for our products – you don’t have to be a vegetarian to work for Quorn!
Please visit our website: www.quorn.com for more information about our company and brand.
Interested applicants should email their CV and covering letter to HR@quornfoods.com< Back to Working Here