We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products in the UK and internationally with annual sales turnover in excess of £200 million across 17 territories.
At Quorn we are market leaders in the meat free category. We expect to double in size in the next 5 years through investment in our products and our people both in the UK and internationally. Following acquisition in 2015 by Monde Nissin Corporation, we have ambitious plans to become a $1bn dollar Company.
There is a huge global trend towards meat reduction and this is happening for many reasons. Most people choose to reduce meat intake for health reasons, but a growing number of people now understand the impact that your food choices can have on the planet.
We are looking for people to join us who are entrepreneurial, proactive and can work at a fast pace. In return you will get the opportunity to work for a business who is making a real difference to people’s lives and the future of the planet. You will also get to reap the benefits of a business that is expanding fast and offering numerous career development paths to all its people.
The purpose of this role is to help Quorn Foods deliver a pipeline of superior meat-free vegetarian and vegan products that drive business and category growth. The post holder will help lead the delivery team in project managing the Innovation pipeline, from a food and technical perspective, to agreed timelines in line with growth plans. The role is accountable for ensuring the food development project portfolio is on track, reporting and managing risks to the overall plan through team support at detail level as required.
- develop a high performing and engaged team, recruitment, objective setting and reviews, regular 121's and team meetings, skills and competency assessments, training and development.
- Drive team effectiveness and efficiency across end to end innovation process managing technical output and deliverables into wider business stagegate processes
- Developing a pipeline of superior meat-free vegetarian and vegan products that drive business and category growth.
- Leading a team of technical project managers and food technologists and building innovation capability via industry leading tools and techniques (design thinking, consumer-centric design approaches)
- Ensures clarity of brief including key consumer attribute drivers for products to build technical specification for consistent manufacture
- Continuous review and improvement of NPD processes, working cross functionally where appropriate where interfaces with rest of business occur especially in respect of RACI.
- To support and instil product quality culture across the development process through to full scale manufacture
- Accountable for managing and mitigating risk throughout the Innovation development and delivery process
- Passionate about the consumer and product quality and good understanding of translating consumer requirements into superior products
- Proven experience in strategic front end innovation design / "design thinking" approach balancing desirability / feasibility / viability and understanding the need for iterative prototyping
- Excellent team and people management skills. Proven experience of managing and developing large NPD team
- Proven leadership and management skills towards business results
- Understanding of the commercial dimensions of NPD in order to operate effectively and with understanding of aligning and communicating across the business interfaces whilst managing the delivery of the NPD project.
- Several years relevant NPD and project management experience gained within the Food Industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Decision making and Problem solving skills
- Food science / technology degree or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of nutrition
- Experience of food product and process development in meat free category
Together with offering the opportunity to develop within a growing sustainable business we also offer:
A Competitive Salary, 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays, Pension Scheme and Life Insurance Options, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Assistance Program, and Staff Shop.
Please visit our website: www.quorn.com for more information about our company and brand.
Interested applicants should forward their CV & Covering Letter to email@example.com< Back to Working Here