Pilot Plant Lead
Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products in the UK and internationally with annual sales turnover in excess of £200 million across 17 territories.
Following acquisition in 2015 by Monde Nissin Corporation, we have ambitious plans to become a $1bn dollar company, with growth of more than 15% annually we hope to meet this target by 2027.
We are investing £150 million in additional capacity over the next 5 years, including a new dedicated innovation centre at our Head Office in Stokesley, North Yorkshire to enable us to develop products which are better for the consumer and the planet.
We are looking for a highly organised and motivated individual to oversee the day to day running of the Fermentation Pilot Plant and small team. This is a great opportunity to play a key role in the team that are forward-looking and focused on the investigation of new technologies, processes and ingredients and their interactions to further business needs.
You will work with the Science Manager to initiate, develop and implement new fermentation processes to reduce cost, increase quality and improve safety of the current fermentation process. This exciting role also involves collaborating with the wider team to develop novel fermentation processes, including alternative equipment.
This is a fast moving, busy role at the heart of developing operational improvements through Pilot Plant trials, so no two days will be the same. You will be a solid leader, well organised and able to manage multiple programmes of activity to advance our fermentation knowledge. Ultimately, the successful candidate will thrive on a challenge, enjoy development, problem-solving and working in a business which is investing in its future.
The successful candidate will be:
- Experienced in running fermenters, particularly fungal or microbial processes.
- Experience with operating a pilot plant is desirable but not essential.
- Successful experience of line management and developing others
- An effective problem solver – adept at pragmatic and practical identification of issues and implementation of robust solutions.
- A team player & great at working with people – initiating and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external customers and 3rd parties.
- Able to accurately report observations – critically evaluating observations and data during trials and projects.
Interested applicants should email their CV and covering letter to HR@quornfoods.com< Back to Working Here