Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products in the UK and internationally with annual sales turnover in excess of £200 million across 17 territories.
Following acquisition in 2015 by Monde Nissin Corporation, we have ambitious plans to become a $1bn dollar company, with growth of more than 15% annually we hope to meet this target by 2027.
We are investing £150 million in additional capacity over the next 5 years. Our Fermenter towers are a long-standing feature of the Teesside sky-line and significant investment is planned to build further fermentation capacity, starting imminently.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join the established Process team at Stokesley, where we make many of the great Quorn products.
The role provides technical expertise in optimising plant performance through resolution of problems and identification of opportunities for improvements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the implementation and commissioning of approved process improvement proposals to maximise production efficiency during and after transition
- To specify the process conditions required to manufacture intermediates to standards agreed with NPD, Quality, SHE and Production via MMS and Temporary Instructions. Work with training department to ensure that correct set up and subsequent amendments are communicated to operating staff in the most appropriate format.
- To advise NPD in the assessment of the suitability of new equipment or processes, supporting NPD driven factory trials, collecting data relating to operational performance and assisting in the introduction of new processes into production.
- To collate, report and present technical and operational data in order to for the business to make commercially informed decisions and progress the best opportunities.
- Meat or vegetarian food manufacturing experience. Working with spiral steamers/ovens, chillers and freezers. Meat forming equipment such as Handtmann/Vemag/Formax or Koppens.
- Problem solving skills - pragmatic and practical identification of factory issues and implementation of robust solutions.
- Team player & Working with people – initiating and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external customers and 3rd parties.
- Accurate Reporting of Observations – critical evaluation of observations and data during trials
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to draw conclusions and actions from complicated and incomplete data
- Reviewing and Evaluating: standing back to review what was done, how it was done; assessing against the plan and desired outcomes
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
- Technical leadership – Achieving the plan, monitoring and controlling work and carrying it out effectively.
- Project management – Planning and organising work to make best use of resources, able to plan, prioritise and anticipate changes in working practices
- IT competent (Microsoft Office)
- Passion – you don’t have to be a vegan or vegetarian to work for Quorn!