Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products in the UK and internationally with annual sales turnover in excess of £200 million across 17 territories.
Following acquisition in 2015 by Monde Nissin Corporation, we have ambitious plans to become a $1bn dollar company, with growth of more than 15% annually we hope to meet this target by 2027.
We are investing £150 million in additional capacity over the next 5 years. Our Fermenter towers are a long-standing feature of the Teesside sky-line and significant investment is planned to build further fermentation capacity, starting imminently.
We currently have a vacancy for a QA Technician to join our Technical Department based at Belasis. Reporting to the QA Manager, the main purpose of the role is to support the team in ensuring Quorn Foods provides a comprehensive Quality Assurance service.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- By way of observation, inspection and monitoring, ensure that the controls related to Product Safety, Quality and Legality are, at all times, in-place and that the supporting due diligence documentation has been satisfactorily completed, ensuring Brand protection
- Regularly audit the manufacturing facilities and operators against the procedures and instructions detailed in the quality system plus hygiene, quality, customer and legal requirements to ensure Quorn Foods compliance
- Take steps to suspend production if the above conditions are compromised
- Maintain presence on the plant during key activities e.g. clean downs, plant trials, plant start-up etc
- Provide technical & technological expertise to the site
- Promote conformance to site HACCP & SOPs
- Develop a strong working relationship with the Shift Managers and advise on quality issues and improvements
- Personally demonstrate the correct safety and hygiene behaviours
- Carry out safety and quality audits as appropriate ensuring non-conformances are documented and reported.
Interested applicants should email their CV and covering letter to HR@quornfoods.com< Back to Working Here