Quality Systems Officer
Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products in the UK and internationally with annual sales turnover in excess of £200 million across 17 territories.
Following acquisition in 2015 by Monde Nissin Corporation, we have ambitious plans to become a $1bn dollar company, with growth of more than 15% annually we hope to meet this target by 2027.
We are investing £150 million in additional capacity over the next 5 years. Our Fermenter towers are a long-standing feature of the Teesside sky-line and significant investment is planned to build further fermentation capacity, starting imminently.
The Quality Systems Officer will play a key role within the central product release team managing the systems for product release including failed and quarantined stock.
The management of the product release function is a high-profile role within Quorn Foods and requires great attention to detail, which is absolutely essential to ensure only products which are safe and which meet specification are released for sale.
The Product Release system requires considerable organisational skills to ensure their operation. Customer deadlines often have to be met at short notice.
- Collate and check all production, microbiological and sensory evaluation data to ensure the safe release of product from Marlow Foods and its associated Contract Manufacturing sites.
- Operate and maintain the movement of stock on both the SAP and other stock control systems.
- Administer the restricted, quarantined and failed stock systems liaising with Logistics to ensure product issues are effectively and appropriately addressed.
- Ensure all production data including plant compliance conformation is collated, checked and filed, ensuring traceability and release of product to meet legal and business requirements
- Administration of Technical Documents and maintenance / development of Q-Pulse to meet all of the needs of the business.
- Work closely with other relationship holders, Senior Managers and Key Stakeholders.
The successful applicant will:
- Be accountable and empowered
- Be willing to contribute and have flexibility in terms of your approach, you don’t just say it’s not your job
- Do what you say you will when you say you will
- Communicate clearly, simply and timely
- Consider you own performance to ensure the delivery of goals
- Always aiming for Gold
- Be willing to go the extra mile
- Proactively make opportunities to develop yourself
- Proactively seek feedback from others
- Have experience of working in FMCG
- Have proven experience with electronic databases and Microsoft packages
- Have previous experience with SAP or QPulse would be an advantage
- Demonstrate a drive to succeed and develop
- Show a passion for healthy, sustainable products which are better for our consumers and the planet – you don’t have to be a vegetarian to work for Quorn!
Together with offering the opportunity to develop within a growing sustainable business we also offer:
- A Competitive Salary
- 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Generous Pension Scheme and Life Insurance Options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff Shop