DIY Instant Vegetarian Noodles With Marinated Quorn Pieces
Our DIY Vegetarian Instant Noodles with Marinated Quorn Vegetarian Chicken Pieces take quick and easy to the next level. Layer up colourful veggies and Quorn Pieces and marinate them in a rich umami broth to cut those lunchtime costs, and cook up four lunches for under £5. This veggie meal is sure to be your next meat-free lunchtime favourite.
- Cheap Vegetarian Family Recipes
- Food-On-the-Go Recipes
- Lunch Recipe Ideas
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
- 300g of Frozen Quorn Pieces, defrosted
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- ½ tbsp honey
- 200g cooked vermicelli noodles
- 4 tbsp miso paste
- ¼ of a head of cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 100g sugar snap peas, halved diagonally
- 2 red chillies, finely sliced
- 25g ginger, cut into fine matchsticks
- 5g coriander, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan / 200c conventional. Add the frozen Quorn Pieces to a bowl with the teriyaki and sriracha, combining everything until the Quorn pieces are well coated. Spread across a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Divide the ingredients between 4 food containers, starting with the vermicelli noodles, a spoonful of miso paste, cabbage, carrot, sugar snap peas, red chillies, ginger and coriander. Top with the marinated Quorn Pieces, seal the containers and set aside until ready to serve.
- Once ready to serve, simply boil 200ml water per container and pour this over the veg and noodles. Allow the layers to sit for 2 minutes, then give everything a stir until well combined and coated in the umami broth.
Calculations based on average cost of ingredients purchased from Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Asda and Morrisons, correct as of 5th July 2022. Prices may vary.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.