Quorn Creamy Fillets Casserole
Try our quick and easy Quorn Creamy Fillets Casserole recipe cooked from scratch in just 15 minutes, this tasty dish is made using Quorn Fillets which are low in saturated fat and high in protein.
16 g fat
- 6 Quorn Fillets
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, very finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 100g mushrooms such as mini portabellos, thinly sliced
- 450ml semi skimmed milk
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 100g broccoli florets, blanched in hot water for 2 minutes
- 75g tinned sweetcorn
- 75g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp cornflour, dissolved in 3 tbsp of the milk
- 50g mature Cheddar, grated
- Preheat 1 tbsp of the vegetable oil over a medium/high heat and fry the onions for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and mushrooms, stir well, cover and cook for 2 minutes, stirring if necessary
- Stir in the milk, crumbled vegetable stock and Dijon mustard. Bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, preheat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan and cook the Quorn fillets for 5 minutes, turning frequently. Add to the sauce and cook over a medium to high heat for 5 minutes then stir in the broccoli, sweetcorn and peas. Increase the heat, add the corn starch, stirring until thickened. Cover and cook for a further 2 minutes until all ingredients are piping hot. Stir in the grated cheese.
Serve with carrot and swede mash.
Did you know? One portion of your 5-A-DAY is just 80g which is roughly 2 broccoli spears or a handful of mushrooms. Recipes like this one are great for being able to experiment and chuck in any veggies you may have lying around the kitchen.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
I made this last night but halved the recipe and made it into a shortcrust pie, so nice as a pie filling. I didn't even use the cornflour and found it thickened up fine without and was liquid enough for a pie.
Response from Quorn
Thanks for the recipe tip Claire, sounds just delicious!
Delicious and easy to make! My husband loves it and he’s not a vegetarian and usually very fussy! I’ve added hidden courgette before too ;) I always serve mine with roast potatoes.
Had the real WOW factor from the family!
This was really nice....I'm not veggie but I love Quorn and vegetarian meals....I try to fit them in my weekly meal ok man 2 to 3 times a week. This one was tasty and really easy to make. I served it with swede and carrots.
Made this last night, was so nice. I put cornflour in like recipe says but next time I think will leave it out as it's thick enough without it and have more of a sauce. I had it with rice.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.