Vegetarian Jerk Spiced Quorn Fillets with Avocado & Mango Salsa
Marinated spicy Jerk Quorn Fillets served with a fresh mango salsa makes this dish a delicious meat free meal the whole family are sure to enjoy. Prepare fillets ahead to quickly fry up and serve with readymade rice for a simple weeknight dish or lunch.
- Caribbean Food Recipes
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
- Spicy Vegan & Vegetarian Recipes
- Vegan And Vegetarian Recipes Under 500 Calories
7.5 g fat
- 4 Quorn Fillets, defrosted
- 4 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 packs microwave wild rice
- For the mango salsa:
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 large mango, large diced
- 1 avocado, large diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Mix the paprika, allspice, cayenne pepper, pinch of salt, juice of 1 lime and 1 tbsp olive oil together in a bowl. Add the Quorn Fillets and turn in the marinade to coat well. Marinate for at least 10 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- To make the salsa, mix the diced red onion and lime juice together in a bowl , then add all the other salsa ingredients and mix again. Set aside to allow the flavours to develop.
- Over a medium heat, heat a frying pan with the remaining tbsp of oil. Place the fillets in the oil & cook for 2-3 mins on each side, until fragrant and charred on the edges.
- Prepare your rice as per pack instructions. Serve the fillets over the rice, with a healthy topping of salsa.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.