Korean Doenjang Jjigae with Quorn Vegetarian Steak Strips
This traditional Korean Doenjang Jjigae is a rich and spicy stew made with Doenjang soybean paste and packed full of veggies. Simply bring the fragrant stock to a boil and add Quorn Vegetarian Steak Strips and pour over fluffy steamed rice!
This spicy Asian stew is super easy to make and perfect if you love a bit of spice!
- Vegetarian Steak & Strips Recipes
- Casserole & Stew
- Asian Food Recipes
- Spicy Vegan & Vegetarian Recipes
- 200g Quorn Vegetarian Steak Strips
- 2 tbsp Doenjang soybean paste (or Gochujang or White Miso if Doenjang is unavailable)
- 200g mixed mushrooms
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cups spinach
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1-2 chillies, sliced (depending on desired spice level)
- Steamed rice to serve
- In a large pot, combine the Doenjang paste, vegetable broth, garlic, and mushrooms. Bring to a boil.
- Add the Quorn Vegetarian Steak Strips and simmer for about 10 minutes until the Quorn is cooked.
- Add the carrots and spinach, and cook for another 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve the stew garnished with sliced spring onions and chillies, and a side of steamed rice.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.