Easy Vegetarian Quorn Curry with Quick Pickled Red Onion
This simple Quorn curry makes for a nutritious meal which is full on flavour! Made with tasty Quorn Pieces and served with basmati rice and topped with quick pickled red onions. Try with naan and mango chutney on your next curry night!
- Vegetarian and Vegan Curry Recipes
- Indian Food Recipes
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
- Vegan And Vegetarian Recipes Under 500 Calories
13 g fat
- 300g Quorn Pieces
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, halved and finely sliced
- 2cm ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 75g tikka masala paste
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, quartered then sliced
- Salt to taste
- 2 packs microwave basmati rice
- For the pickled red onions:
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1 handful coriander leaves, chopped
- 200ml of white wine vinegar
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions. Sweat on a low heat until soft, for about 10 minutes. Add the garam masala and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the ginger, garlic paste and curry paste and cook for 1 minute, stirring regularly. Add 50 ml of the stock and cook out until evaporated.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, remaining stock, red pepper and a pinch of salt. Simmer for 1 hr. 10 mins before the curry is finished cooking, add the Quorn Pieces and simmer for the remaining time.
- In the meantime, cut the onions in half then finely slice into crescents. Place in a bowl with the chopped coriander and cover with the vinegar blend. Drain after 15 minutes.
- Serve the curry with rice, naan bread and a generous helping of quick-pickled onions.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.