Quorn Mince, Spinach and Sweet Potato Curry
Try this quick spinach and sweet potato curry recipe with Quorn Mince, onion, baby spinach, mango, ginger and sweet potato topped with fresh coriander. Ready in just 15 minutes, it's a tasty mid-week dinner idea.
10 g fat
9.1 g fibre
- 300g Quorn Mince
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder, mild
- 1/2 tsp ginger, ground
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 piece of root ginger, approximately 4cm x 2cm, grated
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 150ml tomato passata
- 300ml hot vegetable stock
- 100g baby spinach leaves, washed and ready to use
- 125g mango, cut into chunks, (Pre-sliced available in most supermarkets)
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch of fresh mint, finely chopped
- Pre-heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the dry spices for 1-2 minutes. Add the grated onion, ginger and sweet potato. Cook for a further 3 minutes
- Stir in the tomato passata and stock and bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 2 minutes then stir in the Quorn Mince. Cover and cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the spinach and mango and cook for a further 2 minutes
- Season to taste, stir in the fresh coriander and mint
Serve with mini poppadums.
Did you know? Sweet potatoes are a great source of fibre and contain lots of vitamins and minerals including vitamin C. Just 80g of sweet potato also counts towards your 5-A-DAY (unlike normal potatoes!). How about keeping the skin on this time to saves on the peeling and increase your fibre intake!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Tasty doing it for school
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.