Tuscan Sausage & Bean Stew
This bowl of deliciousness is the perfect one-pot veggie meal. Classic, flavour-packed stew of sausages cooked with beans, mushrooms, onions and passata for a rich and satisfying lunch or dinner.
This dish is easy to make and will warm your soul on a cold evening. Oh and the best part is it's a 45-minute meal, so great for when you are short on time.
Serve with grilled sourdough for dipping.
A Little Effort
14 g fat
- 8 Quorn Sausages
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 200g chestnut mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 x tin borlotti beans
- 1 x tin cannellini beans
- 1 x tin butter beans
- 1 x pack basil
- 50g pine nuts
- 500g passata
- 1 loaf sourdough
- Peel and finely dice the onions and garlic. Finely slice the mushrooms.
- In a large pan over a medium heat pan fry the sausages for 5-6 minutes, turning regularly to colour all sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pan, sweat for 3-4 minutes until beginning to soften. Add in the mushrooms and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, cook for 1-2 minutes. Then add the passata, all the drained beans and half of the basil.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes until it starts to thicken and reduce.
- Add the sausages back in and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Thickly slice and grill the sourdough.
- Remove the stew from the heat, tear over the remaining basil and scatter the pine nuts.
- Serve with grilled sourdough for dipping.
Frying the sausages first really helps them maintain the texture, and those caramelised notes really help the depth of flavour.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.