Vegan Sausage Ragu
Move over bolognaise there's a new pasta dish in town and this one is meaty. Our Vegan Sausage Ragu recipe is the ultimate comfort pasta dish made with our tasty Brilliant Bangers and topped with freshly grated Violife Prosociano Wedge. Serve with fettuccine or your favourite pasta and a slice of vegan garlic bread!
13 g of fat
- 6 Quorn Brilliant Bangers, torn into small chunks
- 40g Violife Prosociano Wedge, finely grated
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 380g fettuccine or tagliatelle pasta
- 2 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water to a boil, add the pasta and follow the on pack instructions. Reserve a cup of pasta water to make the sauce.
- In a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil, fry the Quorn Brilliant Bangers along with the fennel seeds until starting to brown. Add the garlic and onion and cook fry for a couple more minutes until beginning to soften. Add the cherry tomatoes, fry for a 2-3 minutes until they break down then add a splash of the pasta water and the tinned tomatoes. Allow to simmer for 4-5 minutes until thickened, season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce along with the grated violife prosociano and parsley. Serve Immediately with garlic bread or a side salad
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Delighted that you are continuing to develop your vegan range and this recipe is right up my street!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.