Vegetarian Steak Strip Goulash
Our hearty one-pot goulash made with Quorn Vegetarian Steak Strips is the ultimate comfort food and will be loved by the whole family. Serve with rice, potatoes or crusty bread for the perfect healthy weeknight meal.
11 g fat
15 g fibre
11.2 g protein
- 300g pack Quorn Vegetarian Steak Strips
- 1 medium white onion, finely sliced
- 1 red pepper;
- 1 green pepper;
- 1 yellow pepper, roughly diced into 2x2 cm cubes.
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika, plus a little extra for dusting
- 15g (1 handful) parsley, to garnish
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 100ml sour cream (around 2 heaped spoonfuls)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a deep frying pan, heat the oil over a medium high heat. Fry the Quorn Vegetarian Steak Strips for 2-3 minutes, turning to colour all sides, then remove from the pan.
- In the same pan add the onions and peppers, reduce the heat to medium and saute for 5-6 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Add in the smoked paprika and tomato puree, cook out for 1-2 minutes. Then add the chopped tomatoes – use the vegetable stock to rinse out the tin to get any bits left, and then pour into the pan.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes before adding the steak strips back into the pan and simmering for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and dust with a little smoked paprika.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Made this yesterday evening for tea. It was absolutely gorgeous!!
This tasted soooooo nice that I couldn’t stop eating it. I’ve had it for lunch the day after and I ravaged it so quick I’ve realised I’m sat at work with goulash down my shirt.
Absolutely love this recipe! Tried it in November last year and my partner repeatedly asks for it now. Really easy to do either on the job or in the slow cooker!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.