3.4507042253521 out of 5, 1 based on 71 ratings
- 280g Quorn Vegan Pieces
- 1 Vegetable stock cube
- 100ml boiling water
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1/3 butternut squash, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 4 garlic cloves unpeeled
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 100g cooked puy lentils
- 100g fresh kale destemmed
- 100g whole cooked chestnuts
- 1 pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 2 tbsp almond/soya milk for brushing pastry
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Start by mixing the stock cube into the boiling water and stirring through the Quorn pieces. Store in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
- Heat oven to 180C. In a roasting tray, place onion, squash and garlic with 2tbsp olive oil, thyme leaves, and salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 25-30 mins until tender, but not mushy. Remove from oven, take out the garlic cloves and put them to one side. Add the lentils. Leave to cool.
- Cook the Quorn pieces by frying them in a pan, with a dash of oil, for 8-10 mins.
- Steam the kale for about 5 mins until it starts to wilt. Squeeze all the water from the kale and then place in a food processor along with the reserved garlic cloves, chestnuts, lemon juice and the remaining oil. Blitz until you get a pesto-like consistency and season to taste.
- On a lightly floured surface, unravel the sheet of puff pastry. Start by spreading the kale pesto along the middle, followed by the roasted veg, lentils and Quorn pieces. Brush all the edges with some almond/soya milk then fold over the ends. Carefully roll the pastry lengthways to completely encase the filling in a roll.
- Brush the top of the wellington with some more almond/soya milk and bake for 30 mins until golden and flaky. Serve with veggie gravy and vegetables.