Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products in the UK and internationally with annual sales turnover in excess of £200 million across 17 territories.
Following acquisition in 2015 by Monde Nissin Corporation, we have ambitious plans to become a $1bn dollar company, with growth of more than 15% annually we hope to meet this target by 2027.
We are investing £150 million in additional capacity over the next 5 years. Our Fermenter towers are a long-standing feature of the Teesside sky-line and significant investment is planned to build further fermentation capacity, starting imminently.
We currently have a vacancy for a Chiller Operator to join our Operations team based at our Billingham site. This role operates on a shift pattern basis of 36 hours per week.
The successful candidate will work as part of a shift team reporting to the Belasis Shift Manager, with responsibility for operating the chiller area of paste harvesting.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Operate paste chillers in the high-care food production area ensuring chillers are available when required.
- Movement and storage of paste bins in the cold store.
- Maintain standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the food production areas
- Take samples of paste and test for solids content. Enter production data into paste spreadsheets
- Carry out basic analytical tasks associated with on line operations
- Maintain hygienic standards and practises at all times to ensure product is not at risk.
Desirable skills include:
- Ability to operate to a high level of efficiency against precise targets
- Good written communication skill in order to satisfy ISO requirements
- Good interpersonal skills in order to achieve effective liaison with contractors, SHE staff & QC staff
- Minimum skills profile in process operations and be IT literate (MS word and excel)
- Ability to maintain concentration at irregular times of day and perform repetitive tasks to a high standard of compliance
Interested applicants should email their CV and covering letter to HR@quornfoods.com< Back to Working Here