New Product Development Student Placement
Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products in the UK and internationally with annual sales turnover in excess of £200 million.
In 2015 we were acquired by leading food manufacturing company Monde Nissin Corporation. The acquisition is part of the company’s strategy to provide consumers with on-trend and better-for-you products.
In Q4 2018 we officially opened our new manufacturing facility at our site in the North East. This is the first of our £150m investment(s) which will also include a £7m new R&D facility enabling us to provide the innovative new products and capacity we need to grow to become a $1bn business.
The NPD Student will assist with the development of new and existing Quorn and Cauldron products from concept through to launch. The NPD Student placement is an extremely varied role and the successful applicant will get involved with the development and verification of consumer recipes, cooking instruction generation, develop new products using mycoprotein or Cauldron ingredients, evaluate finished products, research and review market trends, nutritional calculations and much, much more!
The successful applicant will:
- Be studying towards a Food Science, Nutrition, or similar degree with a 12 month placement year commencing September 2019
- Be passionate and knowledgeable of the meat-free, vegetarian and vegan industries
- Have a flair for food creativity
- Have an interest in all-round commercial business acumen
- Have strong communication and presentation skills
- Be computer literate and competent using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous experience in chilled, frozen or ambient foods would be an advantage
- Have a drive to succeed and develop
- A passion for healthy, sustainable products which are better for our consumers and the planet; you don’t have to be a vegetarian to work for Quorn!
Interested applicants should forward their CV & Covering Letter to email@example.com< Back to Working Here