Quorn Fillet Caesar Salad
Try this Quorn Meat free Caesar Salad Recipe using Quorn Fillets or Pieces. Satisfyingly simple and quick to put together ready for the family to enjoy again and again this summer!
- 1 pack frozen Quorn Fillets or 300g Quorn Pieces
- 100g Italian style, vegetarian hard cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 egg yolk
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 200ml olive oil
- 2 fillets salted anchovies (optional)
- 2 heads of cos or little gem lettuce (washed and dried)
- 1 small loaf ciabatta bread
- Olive oil
- To make dressing place the cheese, lemon juice, garlic clove, white wine vinegar and the egg, together with the anchovies (if using) in a blender and blend for 30 seconds
- With blender still in motion, slowly add the olive oil until a smooth consistency is formed, and season
- Pre-heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and fry the Quorn Fillets or Quorn Pieces over a medium heat for approximately 10-15 minutes stirring continuously or until piping hot throughout (if using chilled Quorn pieces reduce cooking time above by 5 minutes)
- Pre-heat a grill to high, take the ciabatta bread and slice into quarter inch slices, place on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and grill until golden brown
Take the cos lettuce, place in a large bowl, toss with the dressing and the Quorn pieces and pile in the center of your plates. Garnish with the ciabatta croutons and chards of Italian style hard cheese. Serve.
Did you know? To increase your fibre intake, you could swap the ciabatta for a wholemeal roll or pittas instead! In the UK, we should be aiming for 30g of fibre per day.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
The dressing was very sharp and in the future I would halve the amount of vinegar.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review