Creamy Quorn Vegetarian Fillet Bake
Our Creamy Quorn Vegetarian Fillet Bake is easy, low-cost, and guaranteed to become a firm favourite. This meat-free recipe will feed the family for less than a fiver. With it's rich and creamy tomato and mushroom sauce, paired with Quorn Vegetarian Fillets, you'll have everyone queueing up for seconds.
- Cheap Vegetarian Family Recipes
- Family Meal Recipes
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
- Meat Free Recipes
- 1 312g pack Quorn Fillets, defrosted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1 red onion, diced
- 175g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 330g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Optional serving suggestions:
- 200g kale
- 600g new potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan / 200c conventional.
- Combine 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper, chilli powder, garlic and dried Italian style herbs and drizzle this over the defrosted Quorn Fillets. Cover and set aside to marinade.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan and sweat the onion and mushrooms until softened. Add in the cherry tomatoes and chilli flakes and cook for a couple of minutes, until the tomatoes start to blister.
- Pour over the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Add the marinated Quorn Fillets into the pan and transfer to the oven for 20-25 minutes until the stock has reduced into a rich sauce.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little, before stirring through the plain yoghurt. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with crispy oven roasted new potatoes and steamed kale (optional).
OPTIONAL SERVING SUGGESTIONS
To make the steamed kale:
- Pick the kale leaves, discarding the stalks and rinse under cold water.
- Season the kale with salt and pepper.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. And place a steamer pan or sieve over the top, add the kale and steam for 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve alongside the creamy Quorn Fillet bake.
To make the oven roasted new potatoes:
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan / 200c conventional oven.
- Halve the new potatoes and spread them across a roasting tray. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper and give the tray a shake to ensure the potatoes are evenly dressed.
- Roast the potatoes in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until golden and starting to wrinkle and crisp up with fluffy centres
Calculations based on average cost of ingredients purchased from Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Asda and Morrisons, correct as of 5th July 2022. Prices may vary.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Really tasty, went down a treat with my family!
Love ❤️ these recipes
Was very nice. 800ml stock is too much though, had to add thickening granules to get to a casserole consistency.
Very tasty but 800ml stock is way too much. Had to add extra yoghurt and tomato puree, and boil off the excess water in a pan after oven cooking. Would 100% make again with a few tweaks.
The sauce didn’t thicken or reduce enough due to the high volume and it was tricky to stir the yogurt in without breaking up the fillets. Mine didn’t look much like the image online! I think it needed tinned tomatoes or tomato purée. The sauce was tasty though and I will make this again, maybe reducing the stock on the hob and adding tinned tomatoes to replace some of the stock.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.