Easy BBQ Pizza Traybake
This tangy BBQ Quorn Pieces topped traybake pizza is an easy dinner during busy weekdays. Using a pre-made pizza base and some simple store cupboard ingredients, this family friendly dish is quick to prepare and cook – the kids are sure to love helping out in the kitchen to make this tasty dinner recipe too.
A Little Effort
- 300g Quorn Pieces, defrosted and roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp BBQ sauce
- Pre-made pizza dough/base
- Flour for rolling
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 30g tomato puree
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- ground black pepper
- 250g mozzarella
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 150g frozen sweetcorn, defrosted
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/ Gas mark 6.
- Mix the Quorn pieces and BBQ sauce in a bowl then cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll the pizza dough out on a lightly floured surface to a large rectangle to fit a shallow greased tin. If using a pre-made pizza base, simply place onto a tray.
- Meanwhile for the sauce, heat the oil in a pan, add the onion and fry over a medium heat until soft for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, paprika and tomato puree and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the chopped tomatoes with a pinch of black pepper, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes until reduced and thickened.
- Top the pizza base with a layer of sauce, ¾ of the grated mozzarella followed by the marinated Quorn pieces, diced pepper, red onions, sweetcorn and a sprinkling of the remaining cheese.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the dough is well risen, the mozzarella is bubbling, and the Quorn is piping hot.
Individual pitta breads can be used as an alternative to making a pizza dough.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
I made this tonight was really yummy. I found that one whole pepper was too much and I’d also really finely dice your onions as they go in the tomato base of the pizza. Also i added jelepenos on and a sprinkle of chilli flakes (only a sprinkle otherwise it will blow hour head off) for a nice kick as I find pizza’s to be rather bland. I will deffo make this recipe again and my other half ate three servings he enjoyed it that much!
i like bbq
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review