Homemade Vegetable Soup with Quorn Pieces
For a hearty winter or lunchtime dish, try our homemade Vegetable Soup with Quorn Pieces recipe. This deliciously easy dish is perfect for freezer days. It's also low in saturated fat and high in protein!
2 g of fat
- 300g Quorn Pieces OR Quorn Vegan Pieces
- 900ml vegetable stock
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 leeks, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 sticks celery, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100g drained sweetcorn
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp arrowroot, mixed with water
- In a large pan, add the vegetable stock and heat until it has reached a rolling boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the bay leaves, carrots, leeks and celery. Simmer for 15 minutes, until softened.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat the oil and fry the Quorn Pieces for 7 minutes, until beginning to turn golden. Add the shallots and garlic and continue to fry for 3 minutes until softened. Transfer into the large saucepan with the sweetcorn, chilli flakes and arrowroot. Stir well, allow to simmer and thicken slightly.
- Remove the bay leaves and season to taste.
Serve with a chunk of crusty bread and butter.
Suitable for home freezing.
This is a great recipe to batch cook! Simply separate into portions and freeze for a quick & nutritious lunch in minutes!
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review