Vegetarian Chicken Saag Curry with Quorn Pieces
This fresh and tasty Vegetarian Chicken Saag Curry recipe is quick and easy to make! Made using Quorn Vegetarian Chicken Pieces simmered in a deliciously spicy and warming sauce and loaded with fresh spinach.
Served up this mouth watering vegetarian chicken curry with a vibrant Kachumber salad and turmeric basmati rice. Dinnertime just got served a flavour bomb!
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
- Weeknight Dinner Recipes
- Indian Food Recipes
- Vegetarian and Vegan Curry Recipes
8 g fat
- 300g Quorn Vegetarian Chicken Pieces
- 2 1.5-inch pieces of fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large brown onion
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 green chilli
- 4 cardamom pods crushed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 160g baby spinach
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 10g vegetable stock cube dissolved in 500ml of boiled water.
- 50g full fat natural yogurt
- 200g basmati rice
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 cardamom pods crushed
- 130g cherry tomatoes
- 140g cucumber
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- For the curry, peel and finely chop the onion, garlic, ginger, and green chilli. Add to a deep frying pan with the oil and cook on a medium heat until softened.
- Add the Quorn Pieces and cook until browned slightly then add the tomato purée and spices, giving everything a stir until coated evenly with the spices.
- Cook for a couple of minutes, stirring, then add the vegetable stock. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Finely chop up the spinach and add to the pan. Cook for a couple of minutes until the spinach has wilted then season with salt to taste. Take the pan off the heat and stir through the yogurt.
- For the Turmeric Basmati Rice, put the rice in a saucepan and wash with cold water three times to get rid of the excess starch. Put 350ml cold water, ½ tsp turmeric and 2 crushed cardamom pods with the rice and cover the pan with a tight fitting lid.
- Put the pan on the heat and bring to the boil, then immediately turn the heat down to the lowest setting and leave to steam for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes turn off the heat, fluff up the rice with a fork and serve.
- For the Kachumber Salad, cut the tomatoes into quarters and place in a bowl. Finely dice the cucumber and chop the coriander then add to the tomatoes along with the mango chutney and nigella seeds. Stir to combine.
- Serve your Saag Curry and rice with the side salad and enjoy!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.