Parmigiana Stuffed Peppers with Quorn Mince
For a quick and easy meal, prepare this mouth-watering Quorn Mince stuffed peppers with Mozzarella cheese and aubergines. Serve this dish on a bed of leafy greens like baby spinach or with cous cous, quinoa or wholemeal pasta.
A Little Effort
- 200g Quorn Mince
- 4 red peppers, tops removed, seeds and veins removed and discarded
- 1 large aubergine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250ml tomato passata
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 vegetarian Mozzarella ball, light or reduced fat, thinly sliced
- 25g grated vegetarian Italian style hard cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6
- Brush the aubergine with a little of the oil then bake for 15-20 minutes until softened
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onions gently until softened. Stir in the Quorn Mince, garlic, tomato passata, vegetable stock and basil then bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes
- Carefully cut the aubergine in half lengthways and scoop out the flesh. Stir this into the Quorn Mince mix
- Place the peppers upright on a lightly greased baking sheet and carefully spoon in the Quorn Mince mix until approximately a third full. Place a layer of the sliced mozzarella in each pepper then top with more Quorn Mince mix. Add another layer of mozzarella and repeat until the mozzarella and mince are used up. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and bake for 35 minutes
- Serve with a leafy green salad
Did you know? Peppers are a great source of vitamin C and also contribute to our 5-A-DAY!
This recipe can be made in advance and refrigerated for up to 24 hours or frozen before baking.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
This is my kids' favorite meal! Delicious!
This is delicious. I've been adding a ton of dried Italian herbs, salt and pepper to the Quorn mince for extra flavour.
Delicious recipe and not too difficult to make at all! Simple yet impressive meal.
Absolutely delicious, can't wait to make again, I added some Worcestershire Sauce... yummy
Delicious recipe! My husband love it and is not too difficult to make.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review