Quorn Vegan Mini Pies With Quick Piccalilli
The pork pie is one of the most famous staples in British cuisine. Perfect as a quick snack, at a picnic, or as part of a ploughman’s lunch. Try our moreish vegan no pork pie recipe made with Quorn Brilliant Bangers. These tasty little pies are served with a quick & easy homemade piccalilli for a tasty addition to any picnic blanket or grazing board.
Complete your outdoor feasting with our easy picnic recipes here.
8.9 g of fat
- 1 pack Quorn Brilliant Bangers
- 1 green apple, grated
- 1 tbsp pickle
- 200g vegan shortcrust pastry
- 1 tsp Marmite
- Flour, for dusting
- For the quick piccalilli:
- 250ml cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 200g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 50g cornichons, diced
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- To make the pies, place the Quorn Brilliant Bangers in a food processor and blitz. Transfer into a bowl and add the the grated apple, removing any excess liquid. Add the pickle and mix well.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C (fan)/ 200C/400F/gas mark 6.
- On a lightly floured worksurface, roll the pastry to the thickness of a pound coin. Cut 8 10cm circles and 8 5cm circles.
- Divide the prepared sausage mix into 8 and shape into balls.
- Place a ball of sausage filling into the centre of each large pastry circle. Encase the pastry around the filling. Wet the edge with a little water and top with a smaller pastry lid. Pinch the edges to seal and use a fork to indent the edges. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Mix the Marmite with one teaspoon of water and brush the pastry of each pie with this mixture.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the quick piccalilli by combining the vinegar, sugar and mustard seeds into a small saucepan and bringing to the boil.
- In a bowl add the cornflour and turmeric. Whisk to combine. Slowly add the hot vinegar mix whisking continually to prevent lumps. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Serve the Quorn vegan pies with a dollop of piccalilli. Delicious served hot or cold!
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review