- 150g pack Quorn Vegetarian Bacon Slices, chopped
- 175g Quorn Mince
- 350g dried spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (Quorn just needs to be added to the sauce, so the recipe requires about 50% less oil than you would usually use)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 free range eggs, whisked
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan or vegetarian Italian style hard cheese
- handful chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the spaghetti, cook as per back of pack instructions
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a pan over a moderate heat. Add the shallot, garlic and the Quorn Mince, saute gently for 3 minutes. Stir in the Quron Vegetarian ham or bacon and cook for 2 minutes. Season to taste
- Whisk the eggs in a large serving bowl with the grated Italian style hard cheese. Drain the spaghetti reserving 2 large spoonfuls of cooking water
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the whisked eggs in the serving bowl with the ham and mince mixture and the reserved cooking liquid. Keep stirring until all the ingredients are well combined
- Divide the pasta between 4 bowls and serve garnished with fresh parsley and some freshly ground black pepper Really delicious!
Did you know? A top tip to increase your fibre intake is to switch your plain white pasta for wholemeal pasta (you could even just switch half). Fibre is important to include in our diet to keep our digestive system healthy. In the UK, it is recommended we aim for 30g of fibre per day.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
It is a tasty and easy recipe. Make sure you mix it really well as most of the yummy sauce is at the bottom
Mine didn't look like this but was super tasty!
Nice but not so tasty, and It feels odd that the eggs are not cooked
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review