- 1 package of Quorn Pieces
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (I used 4 small ones)
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon (or 3 sticks if you have them!)
- 3 tbsp finely chopped garlic (I used 1 tbsp of powdered garlic as didn’t have anything else on hand)
- 2 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- In a large frying pan heat the oil on medium for 1 minute
- Add onions and cinnamon and saute for another 4 minutes minutes. Add garlic, ginger, tomatoes, salt, pepper, turmeric, cumin, coriander, garam masala, and cayenne
- Cook this masala for at least 5 minutes or until the oil separates from the masala. A nice long slow cook brings out the flavours
- Add the Quorn Pieces and water and slowly stir in the sour cream. Reduce the heat and cook for 15 minutes, stiring every few minutes
- Stir in the cilantro and let the curry sit for at least 15 minutes after before serving on rice or with naan (I use both!)
We had this curry on a Sunday night after a busy weekend filled with hiking, running and open water swimming. With naan and rice it hit the spot without being too heavy, and I’m sure our recovering bodies appreciated the extra protein in the Quorn
Laura Stewart – lifelauralondon.com
Did you know? This recipe contains chopped tomatoes and when tomatoes are heated through, this increases the bioavailability of an antioxidant called lycopene. Lycopene is what gives tomatoes their red colour and helps protect the body from damage caused by compounds called free radicals.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Very nice and tasty, will cook again.
Looking for good recipes.
Fantastic curry- quick and easy to make.
This was really easy and tasted great. I used the grounds instead of pieces. Also added a sliced Serrano pepper and served over a small amount of Basmati rice. Excellent!
So tasty! I added red pepper and maybe add half the amount of cayenne if you're not too good with spice!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review