Quorn Pieces Healthier Thai Curry
Try this vibrant, aromatic recipe for our lighter take on a healthy Thai green curry, made with Quorn Pieces, lemongrass, ginger and green beans. Quorn Pieces are low in saturated fat and high in protein providing a great addition to any balanced diet.
- Vegetarian and Vegan Curry Recipes
- Healthy Vegetarian Recipes
- Vegan Recipes
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
A Little Effort
17 g fat
- 300g Quorn Pieces or Quorn Vegan Pieces
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, cut into 4 pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 small, green chillies
- 4 sticks of lemongrass, coarse outer leaves removed
- 50g root ginger, peeled
- 3 tbsp Mirin
- 4 tsbp light soy sauce
- 70g fresh coriander, remove leaves from the stems and finely chopped
- 400g tin of light coconut milk
- 4 kaffir lime leaves (optional)
- 2 small courgettes, sliced then each slice cut into 4 pieces
- 125g green beans, blanched in boiling water for 2-3 minutes
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Prepare a paste by blitzing the onion, garlic, chillies, lemongrass, root ginger, Mirin, soy sauce and 20g of the coriander in a food processor
- Pre-heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a pan and fry the paste for 1-2 minutes then add the coconut milk and kaffir lime leaves. Bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, preheat the remaining oil in a pan and fry the Quorn Pieces for 5-6 minutes until golden brown, then add the courgette pieces and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Add to the coconut milk along with the green beans and lime zest and juice. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes then stir in the remaining coriander.
This is a great recipe to batch cook, portion out and freeze for a later date. Simply defrost, reheat and serve with wholemeal noodles for a nutritious meal in minutes!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.