Vegan Sausage and Butternut Squash Colcannon Wreath
Try our vegan festive wreath with Quorn Brilliant Bangers and butternut squash colcannon. Decorate with festive pastry shapes for the perfect centrepiece for a meat-free Christmas Day.
A Little Effort
- 2 packs of chilled Quorn Brilliant Bangers, broken up
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 500g chestnut and button mushrooms, chopped
- 190g of roasted chestnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp dried sage
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 stock cube
- For the Butternut Squash Colcannon
- 1 butternut squash diced into 1 inch pieces
- 180g kale
- 30g plant butter
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the Wreath
- 3 x 320g ready rolled pastry
- 100ml plant milk
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat and fry onions until soft. Add garlic, mushrooms and Quorn Brilliant Bangers. Cook until the mushrooms begin to brown and release some liquid.
- Crumble in the stock cube and continue to fry until the moisture from the mushrooms has been reabsorbed.
- Add chestnuts and for a few minutes before seasoning to taste and leaving to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the butternut squash colcannon by steaming butternut squash for ten minutes before adding kale and steaming for a further three minutes.
- mash in butter and nutmeg and mash and leave to cool.
For the wreath
- Preheat oven to 180C
- To make the wreath, unroll two packs of pastry on a long piece of baking paper and stick short side together with a little plant milk.
- On one half of the pastry, place sausage mixture along the centre and on the other side place butternut squash colcannon
- Roll pastry over the mixture and seal with plant milk. Join the two ends of the roll together in a loop shape and seal with a little more plant milk
- Decorate with remaining pastry with cut-our Christmassy shapes. Mix remaining plant milk with turmeric and brush over the wreath
- Bake for 50 minutes until golden and serve!
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review