Quorn Bonfire Bangers
Bonfire hot dogs are a family favourite – best served whilst watching fireworks of course! The sweetcorn salsa in this delicious recipe gives a freshness to the dish and the onions are a bonfire night classic. Add an extra side of sweet potato fries with a hint of chilli for a bonfire night feast.
IngredientsFor the Hot Dogs…
- 4 Quorn Best of British Sausages
- A little oil to brush
- 4 hot dog buns
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- 2 white onions, finely sliced
- ¼ tsp. mustard powder
- 1 corn on the cob
- 4 cherry tomatoes, diced
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C (fan)/ 200C/400F/gas mark 6. Place the Quorn sausages on a baking tray and brush with a little oil. Cook for 12 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the sliced onion and sauté for 10 minutes. Halfway through cooking add one tablespoon of water.
- Add the mustard powder and cook for a further minute. Season to taste.
- For the Sweetcorn Salsa, heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Place the sweetcorn onto the griddle and char turning regularly. Remove from the griddle, allow to cool then remove the corn kernels. Place the kernels into a bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, chilli, coriander and lime juice. Season to taste.
- To serve, slice the hot dog buns, top with a Quorn Best of British Sausage and serve topped a choice of ketchup, mustard and bonfire onions. Serve with a side of sweetcorn salsa and sweet potato fries (optional).
In summer, why not swap the sweetcorn for mango or pineapple for sausages cooked on the BBQ.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.