Quorn Chilli Dogs with Brilliant Bangers
Hot diggity dog that's delicious! Our friends at MOB have created this super tasty veggie chilli dog recipe perfect for your next BBQ or meat-free feast. Our Quorn Vegan Brilliant Bangers are loaded up with a tasty Quorn Vegetarian Mince chilli for a twist on the classic veggie hot dog. These vegetarian hot dogs will sure to be your next family favourite! Save extra chilli for meat-free meals later in the week or freeze in portions to eat at a later date.
Recipe by MOB
A Little Effort
- 4 Quorn Brilliant Bangers
- 350g Quorn Mince
- 2 red onions
- 2 limes
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chipotle chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 50g silken tofu
- 400g black beans, drained
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 4 hot dog buns
- Salt, to taste
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven or BBQ to 200°C.
- Finely slice one of the onions. Finely dice the other.
- Add the sliced onion to a bowl along with a pinch of salt. Squeeze on the juice of 1 lime, then scrunch up with your hands to pickle. Set aside.
- Heat a sauté pan over a medium heat with a glug of olive oil. Add the diced onion and cook for 15 mins until soft. Add the hot smoked paprika, cumin, chipotle chilli flakes, cinnamon and tomato purée. Cook for around 3 mins until fragrant.
- Add the Quorn Mince to the pan and toss to combine. Add the chopped tomatoes and 200ml of water, simmer for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, make the vegan crema. Add avocado to a blender along with the silken tofu, the juice of the remaining lime and a pinch of salt. Blend to a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Cook the Quorn Brilliant Bangers according to packet instructions either in the oven or BBQ.
- Add the black beans to the pan along with the brown sugar. Simmer for 5 mins, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice the hot dog buns vertically, add 1 spoonful of chilli, top with a banger and some more chilli. Pipe the crema on top, add the pickled onions and enjoy!
Recipe by MOB
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.