Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza
Everyone loves a delicious slice of pizza – and nowhere has as unique a take on this crowd-pleasing favourite than Chicago. This deep-dish pizza uses the crust to create a dish shape, letting you double or even triple the amount of sauce and toppings.
Our Chicago-style Deep Dish Pizza combines the iconic doughy crust with helpings of a Mexican-style sauce, complete with Quorn Mince, peppers, and jalapenos.
A Little Effort
22.6 g fat
- 1 pack of Quorn Mince (300 g)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 450 g frozen pizza dough, defrosted
- 1 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 100g mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 red pepper, finely sliced
- 20g sliced pickled jalapenos
- 150g passata or pizza sauce
- 40g vegetarian parmesan, grated
- Preheat your oven to 200°C /180°C fan/ Gas Mark 6.
- Coat a 25cm cake tin with 1 tbsp oil.
- Dust the cornflour onto a clean work surface. Place the pizza dough on top and roll out in to a roughly 30cm circle, approximately 1cm thick. Drape the dough over the cake tin and lightly press it into all corners, leaving a roughly 2 cm side going around the whole pan. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a frying pan on a medium heat. Add the remaining oil, Quorn Mince and fajita seasoning and fry for 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Remove from the oven and top the pizza with a layer of mozzarella, Quorn mince, sliced red peppers and jalapenos. Cover with a layer of pizza sauce or passata and sprinkle with vegetarian parmesan. Transfer back to the oven and back for a further 15 minutes or until risen and golden. Garnish with coriander to serve.
Add sweetcorn for an extra pop of vegetables.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
This didn’t turn out at all as I had hoped and certainly nothing like the picture but it was tasty to eat. It was my first attempt and I would make again but make sure the pastry doesn’t stick to the tin and stick closely to the recipe to see if produces a better result next time .
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.