Hoisin Lettuce Cups with Quorn Mince Recipe
All the flavours of Asia brought to you in this delicious fusion of Quorn Mince, marinated in a glaze of hoisin sauce, soy and sherry. Fried up with spring onions, water chestnuts, beansprouts, and a blast of chilli, it’s all served in a finger-pleasing crunchy lettuce cup with snow peas. A healthy meal idea that’s unforgettable!
- 300g Quorn Mince
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dry sherry or rice wine
- 1 tsp red chilli. finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 50g water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 50ml water
- 100g rice noodles, cooked
- 60g beansprouts
- 10 snow peas or mangetout, sliced and blanched
- Lettuce leaves, Little Gem or Romaine
- Combine the Hoisin sauce, soy, sherry and chilli in a bowl. Add the chilled Quorn Mince, stir well to coat the sauce and set aside
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and cook the spring onion for 1 minute
- Add the Quorn Mince and stir fry for 5 minutes. Add the water chestnuts, beansprouts and water and cook for 1 minute to soften the vegetables
- To assemble, place the lettuce leaves on serving platters, place some noodles in the base of the lettuce and top with the Hoisin Mince, garnish with beansprouts and mangetout or snow peas
Did you know? Quorn Mince is low in saturated fat and high in protein, making it a great addition to a healthy, balanced diet. Also, this recipe includes water chestnuts which are great sliced, grated, or cubed and either way, can be guaranteed to add crunch to any dish.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
I made this and a chicken version for friends last night and it was fabulous. I didn’t cook the spring onions though, I left them raw to add how much anyone wanted. I enjoyed the Quorn version as much as the chicken!
Love these and so does my non veggie husband.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.