Quorn Vegetarian Mince One Pot Creamy Spicy Rice
Save on time (and washing up) with this Quorn Vegetarian Mince One Pot Creamy Spicy Rice recipe. Our vegetarian one pot is a tasty mid-week meal idea which is perfect for the family or for lunches throughout the week. It’s packed with veggies, full of flavour and is also gluten free. An easy and delicious dish our Quorn Vegetarian Mince One Pot Spicy Rice will be your next family favourite!
Recipe by Becky Excell
- 350g Quorn Vegetarian Mince
- 1 tbsp garlic oil
- 1.5 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp cumin
- 0.5 tsp cayenne pepper
- 0.5 tsp chilli flakes
- 3 peppers, chopped
- 200g rice
- 400g (1 tin) chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 550ml gluten free stock
- 4 tbsp tinned sweetcorn
- 1 large tbsp cream cheese
- Sprigs of fresh coriander, to finish.
- Heat the garlic oil in a large lidded pan and add in the chopped peppers to cook until softened.
- Mix your spices together and then stir it in to coat the peppers.
- Add in the rice and mix well to coat in the spices.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and stock, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer. Pop the lid on and cook for around 30 minutes.
- Stir through the Quorn Mince and the tinned sweetcorn and cook for a further 8-10 minutes on low with the lid on. If you need to, add a little extra stock.
- Mix through the cream cheese and finish with some fresh coriander on top.
Recipe by Becky Excell
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Reminded me of a jambalaya which we love so I cooked this for the family. We added some extra veggies like onions, carrots to bulk it out and it was delicious!
Brilliant recipe, added onions and black beans which made it feel like a burrito bowl! Definitely makes more than 4 portions though :)
Absolutely delicious, and just as tasty when I heated up leftovers for lunch the next day! I might tone the spice down a little for the kids next time, however they still cleared their plates. (I had no sweetcorn so subbed for spinach and it worked perfectly)
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.