Quorn Vegetarian Cottage Pie
There's nothing more comforting than coming home to a big helping of home-cooked cottage pie right? Our vegetarian cottage pie recipe is so deliciously filling, it's the perfect winter night vegetarian comfort food! Made with Quorn Vegetarian Mince our veggie cottage pie is low in calories and saturated fat!
5 g of fat
- 350g Quorn Mince
- 1 tbsp olive oil (Quorn just needs to be added to the sauce, so the recipe requires about 50% less oil than you would usually use)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 100g frozen peas or mixed veg
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 1 dessert spoon vegetarian Worcestershire Sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp salt reduced soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour, mixed to a paste in 1 tbsp cold water
- 700g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 225g parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C, Gas Mark 4
- Boil the potatoes and parsnip until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and the carrot and fry gently until softened.
- Add the Quorn Mince, frozen veg, vegetable stock, vegetarian Worcestershire sauce, tomato puree, soy sauce and seasoning. Simmer for 5 minutes and then add the cornflour made into a paste with the tablespoon of cold water and continue to simmer gently, stirring all the time, until thickened. Place in an ovenproof dish.
- Mash the potatoes and parsnip with the milk until smooth, season to taste with the salt and pepper. Place the topping over the Quorn mince filling and fluff up with a fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the topping is crisp.
- Serve with a selection of fresh vegetables.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Really easy to follow and tastes amazing! always looking for different veg recipes! Go Quorn xx
Fantastic family dinner.
Made this for quite a few years now. Even my meat eating friends love it. Would be nice if you could add nutrition information to your recipes e.g. Calories per 100g etc.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.