Pesto, Grilled Vegetable and Quorn Chicken Free Slices Sandwich
For a simple but delicious veggie lunch try our Pesto Grilled Chicken Sandwich using Quorn Chicken Free Slices. This Italian-inspired vegetarian grilled sandwich with homemade dairy-free basil pesto and grilled vegetables - the perfect easy lunchtime dish.
33 g fat
- 12 slices Quorn Vegan Chicken Free Slices
- 114g red pepper, quartered
- 60g red onion, sliced into rounds
- 184g courgette, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 12g fresh basil leaves
- 65g olive oil
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 8 gluten-free bread slices
- 8 slices vegan mozzarella cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Grill the red pepper, red onion and courgette for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until lightly charred and tender; let cool slightly then slice thinly.
- In a food processor, pulse together the basil, oil, pine nuts, garlic, nutritional yeast, and salt/pepper until smooth.
- Toss the veggies with 2 tbsp of the pesto. Spread the remaining pesto over 4 slices of bread.
- Layer the bread as follows, firstly add 3 slices of Quorn vegan chicken deli, followed by a slice of cheese, the grilled veggies and another slice of cheese; top with the remaining bread half.
- Preheat panini press according to manufacturer’s instruction. Grill sandwiches in press for 3 to 5 minutes per sandwich or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted perfectly.
No press? As an alternative why not toast the sandwiches on your grill, pressing to flatten with a metal spatula, until the bread is toasted and cheese melted.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.