Cream of Chicken Soup with Quorn Chicken Pieces
This deliciously indulgent vegetarian Cream of Chicken Soup is made with Quorn Chicken Pieces, a few fresh ingredients and some store cupboard essentials.
Ready in under 30 minutes, this tasty soup is really easy to make. Simply fry off your veggies and Quorn Pieces before simmering in stock and adding milk, cream and spinach to make a delicious, sweet soup!
Perfect for the whole family and packed full of veggies, this veggie soup is made for cold nights when all you need is comfort!
Made with Quorn Vegetarian Chicken Pieces
High in Protein
Low in Saturated Fat
For the cream of chicken soup…
- 250g frozen Quorn Vegetarian Chicken Pieces
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 1 corn on the cob
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small leek, sliced
- 2 stick of celery, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 120ml semi-skimmed milk
- 80ml whipping cream
- 50g spinach leaves
- Sourdough bread
For the soup…
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Remove the kernels from the corn on the cob and reserve for later. Slice the cob in half and add to the pan (this provides lots of flavour!).
- Add the onion, leek, celery and garlic. Place a lid on the pan and sweat for 5 minutes.
- Add the Quorn Vegetarian Chicken Pieces and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Discard the cob. Blend half of the soup then pour back into the pan.
- Add the milk, cream, spinach and reserved sweetcorn kernels.
- Warm gently to wilt the spinach.
- Serve with warm sourdough bread.
This recipe feels like a chowder. For a change scoop out the centre of a crusty roll and ladle the soup into the roll. Top with the bread roll lid and enjoy!